Friday, April 10, 2009

$425 8-game Result

I finished 27th of 444 in the $425 buy in 8-game mixed. On the final hand I had 68,000 chips (we started with 5,000 and at my peak I had 122,000), we were playing 1,000/2,000 blind no limit hold'em and I raised to 6,000 from the button with AJ. The small blind made it 17,000 and I moved all in. When the cards got tuned over he had KK and I missed.

This is one of those hands where when you move all in and the other guy folds you think "Ah ha! Making strong plays is great!" and when you get called and lose you think "Man, maybe I could have let that one go!"

Part of me feels a little disappointed. I had a good stack, deep in this one, my opposition was OK, but not great, and other than the one hand I mentioned in a previous post I was playing great. Coming withing a few spot of the final table yesterday in the razz, and getting close again today feels like a real tease. Also I really felt like I was going to make the money in the $4,175.

The other part of me (the logical part) can acknowledge that I am having GREAT results in these tournaments. It should not be easy to get so close to a final table, and I already have one final table, and a few close calls in a pretty small group of tournaments. I am playing some of the best poker I ever have and it's paying off.

Anyway 27th paid $1,154. Tomorrow I have $22 and $215 NLH each with one rebuy and one add-on and $55 limit Omaha hi-lo. Nothing major.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi
[url=http://www.replicaonnet.com/]generic ativan[/url]
Ativan - Wipe away anxiety
Buy Ativan (Lorazepam) at reliable online pharmacy and save extra money! No prescription! No hidden fees!
As there are a lot of anxiety drugs out in the market today, it will be best for you to consult a doctor and tell him your history.
buy lorazepam
Long-term benefits of this drug has not, up to this time, been assessed by clinical research studies.
http://www.replicaonnet.com/ - cheap ativan
• Initial doses of 1 – 2 mg are prescribed to elderly patients in order to reduce side effects It must be noted, on the other hand, that Ativan’s dose can be increased gradually depending on the need with the elevated dose given at bedtime.

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...