Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Razz Second Chance Recap

I finished 54th of 128 in the Razz second chance. I was doing just fine with about 8,000 chips (a little above average) with 60 or so players left. Then I had two big hands go against me.

On one I was up against a player who ended up all in on 5th street and one other player. Basically they both had very marginal hands and I had 4 cards 6 and lower. All I needed to win was a card 9 or below that didn't pair me. Instead I got three straight jacks!

On the next hand I knew the player I was up against had a weak hand. I put on the big heat on with a pretty crappy hand on 5th, 6th and 7th streets and he called me with Q9732! This is a total shit hand to showdown. I know it was a big pot, but this was still a surprising call. My best 5 cards were QT974 and after I missed out on that one I was down to 2,000 chips. I was out pretty soon after that.

My starting $10,000 bankroll is now at $11,003. When it comes down to it these $162, $215, and $320 tournaments are probably not going to determine my overall fate in the WCOOP. When I start getting to the $1,050 tournaments and the $500 with rebuys later in the series that's when we'll know what's what. Of course it doesn't suck to be up thousand bucks at this stage.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...