Saturday, September 06, 2008

One in a Hundred?

I finished 33rd...How the hell did that happen? I blew through all of my chips in about a half an hour. In the span of 34 hands I lost with A8s, A7s, AQ THREE TIMES, pocket queens, KQ suited, and AJ twice. In 34 f-ing hands I got dealt all of those hands and lost them all!!!

I was in third place with 36 players left and finished 33rd. I can hardly believe it. If you put me in that spot with 36 players left I would finish 33rd or worse AT MOST 1 time in 100. It might be more like 1 in 1,000. In order to lose all those hands not only do I have to miss, but my opponents have to hit something! Late in a tournament like this there are so many times when you raise, get called, bet and your opponent folds. But these slugs managed to hit time after time. And I couldn't make a damn thing.

33rd place paid $858. It just so happens that this was almost exactly enough to get me even for the WCOOP. My starting bankroll of $10,000 is all the way up to $10,007.

I hate wasted opportunities. I know after 5 years of doing this that these situations don't come along that often and to totally blow this one is crushing. To play 12 hours and be knocking on the door of a solid five figure pay day and end up with bullshit $858 just sucks.

I'm going to a wedding tomorrow so no WCOOP until Monday. I'll put up a preview sometime soon.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...