Monday, September 08, 2008

2008 WCOOP Event #7 ($215 6-max PLO) Recap

I finished 146th out of 2,457 in the pot limit Omaha today which paid $688. This was a great result for a tournament that I almost didn't play and in which I had fairly low expectations.

Right after we made the money I won a huge pot and foundmyself with 47,000 chips which was about twice average. But then I made a few questionable plays, had a few good bluffs not work out, missed a few draws and before I knew it I was out.

I feel great about this result. It's an odd contrast between the Limit Hold'em where I finished 33rd and felt super pissed.

In other good news I've made the money in the WCOOP $162 PLO 6-max second chance! We're down to 36 from a starting field of 318. I'm in 11th place right now and have guarenteed a gross payout of $334. 9th pays $1,192 and first pays $8,824 so while it's not going to be time to pur champagne over my head if I win, there are still some solid bucks to be had.

I'm also in the $215 8 game second chance, but it's in the early stages.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...