Wednesday, September 10, 2008

2008 WCOOP Event #11 ($320 PL PLO8) Recap

I've got bad news, bad news and good news. I'll start with bad #1. I decided to play in the $320 pot limit Omaha Hi-Lo tournament today and I finished in 1,535th out of 1,733. Not much of a story to go with this one. Just a check raise bluff on the river that didn't work out.

The other bad news is I spent the whole morning playing like a total fool. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I did some of the stupidest shit I can ever remember doing. The one thing that stands out like a Beacon of Stupidity is I finished in 6th place in a satellite that paid 5 spots after coming to the top 6 in second place! Total moronitude (not a real word, but apt none the less) of a grand scale is the only explanation for this result. The final hand of that one was perhaps the worst play I've made in the past several years and is too embarrassing to even mention.

Now the good news! Despite my horrific play I did managed to win two satellites! I woke up and saw that today's mixed hold'em event was in fact played 6 handed! Jackpot baby! I don't know why it's not called "Mixed Hold'em 6-Max," but I'm fired up about it. Once I discovered this fact I decided I should play in all of the remaining satellites (except the hyperturbo ones that have SUPER short limits) which turned out to be 4. My total outlay ended up being $117 and I returned $640 in tournament entries (which are transferable between all the WCOOP tournaments).

So even though I got busted early in the Omaha and I played like a total mook, I'm still ahead a few bucks for the morning. I've got 45 minutes to take a nice break and get my head straight before the hold'em starts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am actually glad that you mentioned your final hand of that satellite. I was watching it and kind of went a little wide eyed when I saw your cards. Being that I assume all of your decisions are based on something reasonable I decided that it must have been a good choice for some reason and I was going to ask you why in fact you made that move... Now I suppose I don't need an explanation. :) Good luck in the second chance mixed hold em!

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...