Thursday, August 28, 2008

They Say Poker is All Luck...

About 25% of the time I tell people I'm a professional poker player they do all but tell me I'm a liar. They know that you can't win at gambling. If it involves cards it must be all luck.

So I won the nightly $109 HORSE tournament AGAIN! Another $2,000 in the Huff coffers baby! This makes 8 attempts at $109 HORSE tournaments with between 55 and 72 players. I have 3 1sts and a 6th in those 8 attempts.

This was another final table where it wasn't even close. I simply kicked everyone's ass. I came to the final table in 3rd place when we were in the Stud round. There were two short stacks who went down the tubes quickly. During the Stud Hi-Lo I got great cards and found myself in first place playing 4 handed as we switched to Hold'em. I used my expertise in short handed limit hold 'em to take out two of my remaining opponents and dropped the last villain 5 hands into the Omaha.

This was another great victory and it's getting harder and harder to stop working early and skip that 6:45 HORSE tournament!

2 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

I'll direct all future "they" morons to this post. :-)

Eebster said...

Don't direct them to the post, Jennifer... Direct them to the tournament sign-up... If they're going to learn a lesson, Dave may as well make some money in the process! (And the chance of said moron playing in the tournament might go down if they see Dave has a 37% first-place finish rate).

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...