Thursday, January 25, 2007

Moving for Poker

In response to a recent post Jake asked: If online poker goes the way of the Dodo, do you think that you might move to the peninsula/south-bay to maximize the lucky chances/bay 101 nexus?

I would say that for now we're pretty happy where we are and my first step would be to see if I could make enough at The Oaks Club. Of course, I might make a trip here and there to Lucky Chances, but I don't see myself going to Bay 101 since they have instituted a few expensive changes. Instead of time collection or raking $3 a hand they've gone to $5 a hand which is the most expensive juice I've ever seen anywhere. Secondly they have a $3 penalty (which goes in the pot) every time you miss the blinds.

If we have to leave our current house I could see looking to move a little closer to Lucky Chances. Also moving to the L.A. area would be something we'd have to give a little more thought to.

1 comment:

Eebster said...

Will you be returning to your old stomping ground, or playing the new (at least in relation to when you left) 30/60? Assuming a relatively close percentage return, the dollar return, obviously, would be much higher. I guess it comes down to the question of at what limit, at the Oaks club, if any, does the competition get tough enough to make the move to that limit not worthwhile. (he reason I am looking for your assessment of this situation is two-fold, obviously!)

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...