Monday, October 02, 2006

WCOOP Final Thoughts

While the WCOOP wasn't a financial success it also wasn't a failure. I played in 51 statellites with buy-in's ranging from $16 to $280 and lost a total of $451. I played 10 of the WCOOP events with buy-ins totaling $5,355. I finished in the money in 3 of the 10 and lost a total of $302.

If I'd had one or two hands go differently I could have shown a solid profit instead of a small loss.

In the heads up matches, needing to win 3 matches to make the money I had my opponent out chipped 5,500 to 500 in the second match. I put him all in 5 times and was unable to win any of the five. While there were no guarentees that I'd have won the third match I was close to advancing.

In the NL hold'em with rebuys I finished 363 out of 2,081 and if I could have made it to 270, I would have picked up another $1,184.

In the $530 pot limit event I finished 198 out of 1095 needing to get to 150 to pick up $876.

And of course in the $1,050 limit event if I would have been able to move up 3 more spots from 21 to 18, I would have made another $2,400.

The point is, I was close. I could have made the money in an insane 6 out of the 10 events. I'm really happy with how I played and I'm already looking forward to my next series of big tournaments. For now it's back to the unglamorous, but profitable world of $100 single table tournaments.

I'm sure some of you have heard about the anti internet gambling legislation that got tacked on to the port security bill and cleared the senate a few days ago. I have plenty of comments about what I think it means and my expectations for the future of internet poker. But, you'll have to wait for my next post which will be coming in a day or two.

Thanks again to my backers and everyone reading this blog.

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...