Friday, October 27, 2006

Executive Week Challenge

Jen and I will be spending the weekend in Southern California and attending Jen's 2nd cousin's wedding in Malibu. When I get back I'm going to take part it a self administered challenge. Starting November 6th I'm going to have what I'll be calling my "Executive Week Challenge" (OOOHHHH AHHHHHHH). Normally I like to work 5 or 6 hours a day 6 days a week. Sometimes it makes me sick to look at my hourly rates and think about how much I could be making if I really busted my ass. So for one week Monday through Friday I'm going to spend 10 hours a day playing. I'm going to pretend that I'm some career driven workaholic maniac executive and work all day long. I'm going to wear a tie as a symbol of my commitment to this theme (I'll post a picture). I'm going to get up in the actual morning and shave every day (it sounds crazy doesn't it?). By day two I'll probably be drinking straight Scotch at the end of the day and neglecting my wife. I'm going to take power lunches! I don't know what they are, but I'm going to take them dammit! I'm going to bitch about my boss (that asshole is making me work 10 hours a day!).

While 10 hours a day might not seem like an insane amount to most of you, think about the amount of actual work that you get done in a normal 10 hour day. How much time do you spend chatting with coworkers? How long do you take for lunch? How much time do you spend just spacing out or getting coffee or in the bathroom? During my work hours I'm making a decision every 10 seconds and every mistake costs me money.

I'm hoping to have one day where I play 100 SNG's in a day. To date my record is 62 and I've always wanted to say that I've played 100 tournaments in one day. I'd like to make $2,000 during the extavoganza and given the amount that I'll be playing that might be a little low. By Friday night I'm sure my brain will be mush. I'll no doubt fall face first out of my chair where a puddle of drool will accumulate and I'll lay there passed out until one of our cats decides to lick my face or attack my wrinkled, toothpaste stained tie (I'll post a picture of that too).

Now that I've posted this blog there's no backing out, and I encourage you all to mock me mercilessly if I fail to follow through on this. I'll do my best to post short updates daily.

(Note: there is also another new post after this one)

No comments:

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...