Tuesday, September 19, 2006

WCOOP Event #4 preview

Event #4 (I skipped event #3 $320 pot limit Omaha with rebuys) is $215 buy-in heads up matches. The way this event works is all of the entrants are paired against one other player and they play, one on one, until one of them is eliminated. The winning player then waits for all of the first round matches to be completed and is then paired with a new opponent who has also won a first round match. When one player remains from this new pair, they wait again for a new opponent who has also won two matches. This continues until one player remains. Last year they capped the number of entrants at 1024. This event was my best performance at the 2005 WCOOP. I won my first 5 matches and was eliminated 30th. This year they are allowing 2048 entrants. Unlike the other events where I have to beat thousands of opponents, to make the money, in this event I only have to beat 3. If I win 11 matches in a row I'll win the whole thing. Sounds pretty easy when I put it that way. I spent the better part of the day today gearing up for this event by playing $50 heads up tournaments so I feel ready. I'm really hoping to at least make it past the first match. I'll let you know how it all went down.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wildly inappropriate comment contest entry #1: When are you and Jen going to stop drinking the California Kool-Aid and move back to Maryland, which is clearly the better state. Duh.

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...