Friday, July 07, 2006

Event #12 recap preview

Get ready for a preview of the recap! I had another mid stream exit today (it seems like everyday I went broke in round 4, damit!). I'm going to go have dinner and a few drinks now, but I'll write a recap either later tonight or tomorrow along with a few thoughts about how things have gone so far, what I need to work on and just what the hell happened. Remember there's still hope -the $10,000 main event starts July 28th. Hopefully I've been saving up all my good luck for "the big one."

2 comments:

Eebster said...

I hate to cite such an old cliche, but for Dave and gambling, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again" is the optimum attitude. I don't think it is a question of "if" he will make it big, I really think it is "when". That is why every time I am given the opportunity to back him, I take it.

Maybe that "when" is less than one month away! (It isn't on my registry, Dave, but one fifth of eight million dollars would be a perfectly acceptable wedding present... though silverware is nice too!)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I can wait until the big $10K. What will I do with myself in the meantime? Maybe you should just go ahead and play today, if only to keep your rabid fans content.

BTW, Damian is reading a fictional poker book right now, and a character says, "The first 20 years of my poker career were all about gaining experience. The second 20 years were all about making it BIG. The past 20 years have all been about nostalgia for the good old days." It's a nice life - I'm waiting for you to say this one day when we're 65.

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...