Thursday, July 06, 2006

Event #11 Preview/Update

Since Dave didn't put up his usual event preview for today, I figured I'd post the info for everyone.

Today's event is a $1500 Limit Hold'em event. It started at 12:00 this afternoon with 713 players. Last year the winner was Eric Froehlich, who set the record for youngest person to win a World Series bracelet, at 21 years and 3 months. First was $361,910, 9th was $28,950, and 100th was $1590.

Dave talked to EB during the first break, and at that time Dave had doubled up to around $3000 in chips, so things are starting out well. The second break should be around 4:30, and EB will probably talk to him again then, and he'll post a comment here to tell you the details of what's going on so far!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes yes yes. For the love of all that is good and holy, give us our medicine!!!!

Oh, Dave, I thought of a good question. Given that your specialty is the single table tournament, I'm wondering why you didn't enter either of the $1K shootout events. Seems like it might be advantageous to you, getting to cut down the field 10 at a time?

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...