Friday, June 16, 2006

Welcome to My Blog!


Welcome to my blog! Hopefully this blog will be a place where my friends, family, and jerks that I know can get updates and stories direct from the World Series of Poker (WSOP). For those of you who are poker savvy I'll include as many details as I can remember about key hands and reknowned poker players that I compete against. For those of you who aren't I'll try to include as many explanations of terms and concepts as I can. So no matter who you are plan to be either confused or bored much of the time that you'll be reading my blog! I'll have my laptop with me and I plan to write something at least once a day and most likely before and after every tournament. You can sign up with blogarithm (there's a little white box on the right hand side towards the top of my blog) and they'll let you know when I've updated my blog (although they only check a once a day).

Before I go any further I'd like to thank my wife Jen for not only helping me set up this blog and making the costume I'm wearing in the picture (they say dress for success), but for fully supporting me in this endeavor which could end up costing us tens of thousands of dollars. I'll be the first to admit that coming home with my pockets completely emptied is a very real possibility. But there's also a chance that I could be bringing home hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars as well as some degree of fame and a boat load of respect from my peers. That's the dream and that's my goal.

I'd also like to thank Gerry Lopez, E.B. Sandberg, Matt Lessinger and Jake Chapman who between the four of them have put up $13,500 of the $30,000 bankroll I'll be using for tournament buy-ins. I have plenty of confidence in myself, but it's great to know that these guys have enough confidence in me to put their hard earned money at risk.

I hope you enjoy my blog! Please comment whenever you feel inclined to do so and feel free to e-mail me at wesdave1279@yahoo.com to express any thoughts you might have or hopefully to wish me congratulations on winning large amounts of money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David::

Good luck tomoroww. I'll be chekcing your blog every day to see how you are doing.

Love,

Aunt Vicki and Uncle Bruce

Eebster said...

How come we don't see this picture when we log on to pokerpages and look you up? Seriously, though, you should put a picture up there, so when you win a tournament and people go "Who the hell is Wes Huff?!?" and get online to look, they will see something other than that huge king of spades... Like YOU (dressed as a huge "king" of spades!)

My WSOP 2023 Plans and Missions

After four and a half years working for StubHub I wrapped up my time there in March. I've been at the poker tables 3-4 days a week since...